Life can sometimes become unbearable with stress in this fast-paced world of ours. And in responding to this stress, we sometimes experience the body’s self-defence mechanism kicking in as inflammation. The need, therefore, to know how to control and prevent inflammation has become most paramount for everyone. We also have to consider our choices when we are looking for how to avoid inflammation occurrences, while also trying to reduce or decrease inflammation effects to the barest minimum if they eventually occur.
The occurrence of inflammation generally can be of two forms vis-à-vis acute inflammation and chronic inflation, none of which leaves a pleasant experience for the bearer. The bearer of these kinds of inflammations will mostly experience discomfort, stiffness, and pain. And they will, of course, seek out how to avoid inflammation of any sort as the pain can be excruciating.
Shilajit can be of outstanding help to reduce or decrease inflammation where other remedial OTC medications have failed. The sheer fact that it contains substances like humic compounds, which includes fulvic acid – known for both its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties -, is a good sign of its potential to reduce inflammation occurrences.
SHILAJIT FOR CHRONIC INFLAMMATION
Chronic inflammation differs from acute inflammation both in the time of its onset and the time it lasts. It usually sets in gradually and can be an extension of the causative agent of acute inflammation, if left untreated. It can last for a few months to years.
Studies have shown that, chronic inflammation is a causative agent of oxidative damage, and destruction to cells of the body which in turn causes the body to age more quickly than it ought to. Another effect of chronic inflammation is the increase in the cholesterol production level of the body. This is due to the body undergoing stress, as cortisol – the stress hormone – is composed of cholesterol. What this means, in essence, is that the more inflammatory stress you put the body through, the more the cholesterol level of your body.
Shilajit with fulvic acid, humins, and humic acid as its main active compound contains anti-oxidant properties that make it very effective when used to reduce or decrease inflammation – most especially chronic inflammation. This, in turn, decreases the cholesterol build-up caused as a result of the body’s reaction to the stress it was put under.
Shilajit also contains magnesium, a lack of which can lead to chronic inflammation. Shilajit don’t just help combat inflammation with the help of magnesium, it also rejuvenates damaged cells caused by oxidation.
ON A FINAL NOTE
In order to reduce inflammation occurrences, you should incorporate shilajit in addition to a healthy and regular diet. Shilajit can offer so many other advantages over OTC medications, and it sure will be one of the best decisions you’ll make if you give it a try.
- Nordqvist, “Everything you need to know about inflammation.”; Medical News Today; Nov 24, 2017.
- Wilson, Eugene & Rajamanickam, G.V. & Dubey, G P & Klose, Petra & Musial, Frauke & Joyonto Saha, F & Rampp, Thomas & Michalsen, Andreas & J Dobos, Gustav, Review on shilajit used in traditional Indian medicine. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 136. 1-9. 10.1016/j.jep.2011.04.033. (2011).
- Don’t worry about cholesterol; inflammation is your biggest problem; http://www.liverdoctor.com; March 22, 2018.
- Khansari N1, Shakiba Y, Mahmoudi M. Chronic inflammation and oxidative stress as a major cause of age-related diseases and cancer. Journal for recent patents on inflammation and allergy drugs, 2009 Jan; 3(1):73-80.
- Dina Aronson, MS, RD. Cortisol — Its Role in Stress, Inflammation, and Indications for Diet Therapy Today’s Dietitian Vol. 11 No. 11 P. 38, November 2009